Should I File For Bankruptcy?
Bankruptcy offers substantial benefits. For individuals facing wage garnishment, home foreclosure or vehicle repossession, bankruptcy can help them eliminate debts and restart their financial life.
At Bankruptcy Advocates in Carbondale, Illinois, we have helped individuals, families and businesses obtain financial relief for more than 40 years. Put our experience to work for you.
We are ready to help you file for bankruptcy.
Our bankruptcy attorneys tailor their approach to meet our clients' unique needs. They will always take the time to answer your questions, explain your options and outline the most important factors for your consideration, including:
- Is your home in foreclosure?
- How many dependents do you have?
- What savings and assets do you have?
- Are you in danger of losing your business?
- How much dischargeable debt do you owe?
- Are you unable to pay your bills and living expenses?
- Are you being sued by one or more of your creditors?
- Are you receiving telephone calls and letters from creditors and collection agencies?
Bankruptcy is Not Right for Everyone.
Bankruptcy is a valuable tool for individuals and businesses facing overwhelming debt. However, bankruptcy is not for everyone. In some situations, people who are considering filing for bankruptcy would be better off exercising other options. These situations include:
- You have enough assets or savings to repay your debts.
- If you do not have any wages or property that your creditors could legally take from you. This is referred to as being "judgment proof".
- If you defrauded creditors by hiding assets, lied on a credit application or made credit card purchases knowing that you would be filing for bankruptcy to discharge them.
- If you expect to incur more debts for future necessities, such as upcoming medical costs.
- If a friend or relative co-signed a loan for you and will be held responsible for the debt after you file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
- If you previously received a Chapter 7 bankruptcy discharge.
When Experience Matters, Contact Us
Our experienced lawyers have a comprehensive understanding of bankruptcy law and are fully prepared to protect your rights.
Call us today at 618-549-9800 for any further questions or concerns you may have about filing for bankruptcy.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for relief under the Bankruptcy Code.